Volunteers Needed: Annual Wreath Sale
The Somerville Community Growing Center is seeking 10-15 volunteers to help out with various phases of our annual fun and fundraiser, the Wreath Project.
Imagine getting together with other Growing Center friends for a cozy evening of making bows. Or going on a nature walk with a group to gather natural decorative materials. Good at flower arranging?…have you tried wreath decorating? OR do you love chatting with fellow Union Square shoppers? All of these fun tasks are part of our annual wreath sale. Please contact Lisa ASAP at email@example.com
if you can help out!
Feel free to check out the specific opportunities below:
1) Prepare materials (such as dried flowers, berries, pine cones) at your home or join other volunteers at a home party, between now and Nov 25th. (need 3-5 people each to attend ~3 pre-prep sessions or to offer to host one of these “house parties”)
2) Make bows between now and Nov 25th, Lisa will teach you (2-3 people)
3) Help with pre-orders and marketing, between now and November 25th (1-2 people check in with Jared)
4) Gather natural materials (rose hips, winterberry, greens, etc.) weekend after Thanksgiving (2-3 people with a car)
5) Assemble and decorate wreaths (we usually hold 2 or 3 evening sessions—the exact dates are to be determined but they will be between November 25th and 30th) (need 8-10 each night!)
6) Staff our table at the Union Square Winter Craft Market on Saturday Dec 1st to distribute finished wreaths. Volunteers needed for roughly 2 hour time slots between 9:30 am and 5 pm. (2 per shift)
Sounds like a lot– but we have a lot of fun and get to meet each other during the process!
There is no experience necessary for any of these tasks and we will provide instruction and materials. If you can help out in any way, please contact Lisa B at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area(s) of interest.